Features Released for Winter 2011
- Item Analysis for Combined Courses
- Item Analysis Exports are now available for course groups from both the Quick Exports and Advanced Exports pages. If a coordinator-instructor exports Item Analysis for a course group, he/she can get a summary of student performance across all course sections in the course group as well as student scoring details for each student. Question metrics (difficulty, median time, correct on first try) are also included in Advanced Exports.
- Stop and Resume Tests/Quizzes
- Instructors can choose to allow students to stop taking a test or quiz and return at a later time to complete it. If they select this setting, the test/quiz is restricted so that students can see only one question at a time and cannot change previously answered questions or look ahead. Students must answer a question completely before they can move on. Students returning to a timed test will have only the remaining time to complete the test; the clock does not “start over.”
- Add Figures in Show Work Window
- The Figure drawing tool from the Custom Question Builder has been added to the Show Work window, allowing students to draw simple graphs as part of answering a Show Work question.
- Calculator with the Pearson LockDown Browser
- Instructors who require the Pearson LockDown Browser for a test can also choose to have a basic or a scientific calculator available to students while they take the locked down test. The default setting will not allow the use of a calculator. (Using this feature requires that a new LockDown Browser executable be installed.)
- Specify Date Range in Advanced Exports
- A new option on the Advanced Export page lets instructors specify a date range for exporting results. Once selected, only assignments results from within that date range will be included in the export.
- Import Assignments from Previous Edition Across Platforms
- Instructors can easily import their assignments from a previous edition course to the new edition course in MyLab New Design.
- Coming in January--General Ledger Software
- Instructors will be able to assign general ledger problems as part of homework, quizzes and tests. These assignments will be automatically graded, and the grades transmitted to the grade book within MyAccountingLab. The General Ledger Software is an application created to assist students working on accounting problems taken from the end of chapter material found in their Pearson textbooks. The software allows students to work in an electronic environment that mirrors real-world accounting applications. By recording the transactions of the company and posting their activity, students are able to see how the transactions flow into the financial statements and trial balance.